CSA Goal Keeper Training Information
At the highest levels the goalkeeper is a very vital and integral part of the team. With the rules established by FIFA the game has changed how the GK position is played. Keepers are no longer seen as just “shot stoppers”. Today the goalkeepers 1st touch and tactical awareness must be as good as our outfielders. The demands placed on this position require development in the four components of the game (technical, tactical, physical and mental).
Youth teams often do not have the resources to hire a goalkeeper trainer who works exclusively with the keepers. In the past coaches have trained the keepers with the field players working on their technical skills or had someone come in to work with keepers separately.
To help meet the demands placed on this highly important position it is now the responsibility of the CSA Soccer Club to make available goalkeeper specific training for our Select players. Our goal is to offer comprehensive goalkeeper training for all of goalkeepers.
Our coaching staff is committed to improving our players and helping them reach their goals. We have a wealth of experience in our staff that includes playing and coaching at all levels of club, high school, college, and State & Regional ODP.
Lead Trainer: Zac Van Frank
- US NAVY veteran and member of the 99′ ALL NAVY SOCCER TEAM
- Played collegiate soccer 2 years for Cincinnati State and a season at USC Aiken
- Former goalkeeper for the Cincinnati Excite (AISL), Cincinnati Kings (USL 2), 1790 Cincinnati Express
- Asst Coach and Keeper Trainer, Milford High School Boys Soccer
- Head Strength Coach, Milford High School
- Co-Director, “The Shutout Goalkeeper Academy”
Keeper Training (Beginning August 19th & ending Friday, October 16th)
Off on Friday, Sept 4th
Wednesday – 6:30-7:30 PM – Miami Meadows #13 – U10-U14
Friday – 5:00-6:15 PM – Phillips Park – U10-U12
6:15-7:30 PM – Phillips Park – U13-U14