Tryouts for Spring 2014
Tryouts for spring can be done by contacting Coach Pete Ohmer
CSA now has formal under 7 teams that compete in league play and tournament style weekends. Teams will train twice a week, once with other YDA players and once as a team. Both sessions will last one hour to hour and 15 min.
While this is not full select, as that begins at U8, it is a glimpse into what select soccer will look like. Costs associated with this level are substantially less than a full select team fees.
Some popular questions and answers:
- When would the season begin? Training-(Fall) mid Aug, games-late Aug to Early Sept. (Spring) mid March-End of May, games- April 1-end of May
- How long would the season last? 8-10 weeks
- How often would the kids train? The teams would train together one day a week and with the YDA once a week.
- Where would they play games? games will be all over the area, from locally in the Milford/Loveland area to west Chester, Fairfield, Anderson Twp…
- What would the costs be? The costs are $150 for the season. This would not include a uniform. The uniform kit is $60.50 additional.
- How do I sign up to tryout? Watch for sign up’s.
Additional questions can be emailed the YDA Director Doug Conway and he will get back to you.
To be eligible to play on the U7 team, your child’s birth date needs to be after August 1, 2007. U5 & U6 players can play with the teams upon evaluation.
Players will be selected to tryout for these teams via tryouts. A player not attending the tryouts should ask for a separate private tryout at a later date.
Staff will be determined and overseen by both the YDA Director and the Director of Coaching.
While the costs of select soccer can be very high, we are trying to keep this cost at a minimal level. The costs will be $150 plus uniform per season.