The purpose of the CSA Matt Smith Memorial Scholarship Fund will be the granting of post-secondary scholarships to students who possess and have demonstrated character in and out of the classroom, who have contributed to the success of the CSA, LSC or MTSC programs, who have shown outstanding community service and who have the desire to further their education in academics or vocational/technical school.
Recipients of the CSA Matt Smith Memorial Scholarship must:
• Have been a player or referee for CSA, LSC or MTSC for a minimum of four seasons, two of which must have been in high school.
• Be a graduating high school senior with at least a 3.0 grade point average.
• Be attending college, university or technical college.
• Complete, and submit to the CSA Matt Smith Memorial Scholarship Fund all required materials within the stated deadlines for consideration of the award.
The amount of the scholarship award will be $1,500. There will be one $1500 scholarship awarded in 2015.
The recipients of the CSA Matt Smith Memorial Scholarship award will be selected by the CSA Scholarship committee with recommendations from independent advisers.
Scholarship candidates must submit the following information on or before the deadline:
• CSA Matt Smith Memorial Scholarship application
• Copy of official transcripts from their attending high school
• Two letters of recommendation (one being from a teacher and one being from a non-teacher).
• Essay describing their community service activities
Use of Funds
Recipients will be reimbursed for expenses involving tuition, fees, books or room and board up to the amount of their scholarship award. To receive the reimbursement, the recipient must submit a copy of their billing statement from the academic institution.